Stem Scout (Two Kit)
Stem Scout (Two Kit)
OnPoynt, home of the Drone Ranger™ line of education kits
introduces The New STEM Scout
Like all the Drone Ranger ® kits, this one is designed to be assembled and operated by student teams.
The STEM Scout is an aircraft with a more robust suite of features. Equipped with advanced technology yet not over complex to set up and dream to fly this kit offers great STEM teaching opportunities.
The STEM Scout uses the new powerful Vector Flight Controller with exceptional capabilities.
- SIMPLE to set up and operate "out of the box" for both fixed wing and multirotor, with no PC required to configure.
- Built-in On Screen Display (OSD) with COLOR GRAPHICS!
- OSD display is fully configurable, so you can make the screen as simple or robust as you want.
- OSD still operates even if your camera fails.
- Fixed wing and multicopter flight controller with GPS modes and Return To Home (RTL) safety
- Fixed wing: Traditional fixed wing, Elevon, and V-tail planes
- Multirotor: Tricopter, Quadcopter, and Hexacopter
- EXPANDABLE with additional sensors, accessories, and internet firmware updates
- FLEXIBLE: fly with or without your First Person View (FPV) camera equipment
- REDUCED WIRING: innovative wire harness with power distribution simplifies hookup
- Built in flight data recorder
- Current sensor
- Built-in altimeter, IMU and magnetic compass sensors
The STEM Scout also includes a video system with:
- camera and mounting hardware
- video transmitter
- 7” monitor with built-in receiver and DVR
The video camera and downlink transmitter are fun and provide excellent learning opportunities.
The system includes the base controller unit, the GPS/Magnetometer, and the Current Sensor.
Full Color On Screen Display
The Vector's built-in OSD provides features not found anywhere else.
Smooth, razor sharp color graphics: Colors are fully adjustable to your preference.
Voice alerts: The Vector can speak flight information to you periodically, or on programmed alarms.
Fast, easy control and menu-ing system: The Vector utilizes switch "gestures" and your control stick to let you rapidly scroll through menus and change parameters. All OSD parameters can be configured via the stick menus!
RADAR, ladders, compass, full 'F16' as well as simple AHI, manual waypoints, monitoring of up to four battery voltages, and a huge list of parameters available for display are there in the Vector OSD.
This full featured flight controller is equally at home with both fixed wing (traditional, elevon, v-tail, etc.) and multirotor (tricopter, quadcopter, hexacopter) aircraft. And, since the controller is fully integrated with the OSD, everything can be adjusted via the onscreen menus, rather than needing to drag a laptop or other device to the field.
Additionally, following GPS control modes are supported:
Return to Home (RTH): Whether you fly fixed wing or multirotors, our advanced RTH algorithm means few if any adjustments are needed.
Geofence: lets you program a maximum ceiling and distance, to avoid exceeding altitude restrictions
Loiter: for multirotors, this holds the present position using the altimeter and GPS, and for fixed wing, the plane circles when loiter is triggered
Cartesian: (heading – independent orientation mode) this multirotor control mode remembers the direction that the ‘copter was pointing when it was last armed, translating your pitch and roll commands to that frame of reference and reducing 3rd person pilot workload. Stick-left makes it fly to the left, stick-back makes it fly back towards you, etc.
Polar: this multirotor control mode brings the copter toward home when you pull back on the stick, and moves the copter in a circular path around home when you move the stick left or right.
Radio Control Interface
The receiver input harness with labeled connectors makes it easy to connect to any receiver.
Waypoint Flight Capable
The STEM Scout is capable of waypoint / autonomous flight right out of the box. Using a computer and the PC software you can create and upload a flight plan and execute it in the field. A great way to teach real world applications for drone technology and let your students build confidence in more advanced uses.
Powerful PC Setup Software
Want to configure the flight controller via your PC or laptop? Our powerful, interactive PC software and the controllers USB interface make this easy. Configuration files let you easily move you’re the flight controller from model to model without needing to reconfigure everything. Tabs for visualizing GPS flight data, manual waypoint management, and many others make it quick and simple to fully utilize your Vector.
The STEM Scout Education Kit includes everything necessary for an advanced STEM learning experience. This kit includes:
- Flight Controller
- 450mm Glass Fiber Quadcopter Frame
- Power Board and all necessary cables
- 2 - Lithium Polymer Battery 25C 11.1V 3200mAh and a charger
- 30A Multi-Rotor Electronic Speed Controllers
- Brushless DC Motors and propellers
- Remote transmitter and receiver
- Safety equipment
- Required assembly tools
The STEM Scout has waypoint / autonomous flight capabilities built in so you can operate the aircraft in full autonomous mode.
Single STEM Scout Kit: $1260.00
Two Drone Kit: $2320.00
Four Drone Kit: $4605.00
Our video systems for the STEM Scout can be moved from one aircraft to another. The included 7” monitor has a built in reciever and can record video via a micro SC card.
Our systems are tested and offer the best reliability and safety, are challenging for students but not overly complicated for them to build, configure and fly.
Shipping and handling will take 2-6 weeks.
Add Video Kit in accesories for $400.00