OpenROV 2.8 Explorer: Submersible Education Kit.
OnPoynt is proud to announce our latest addition to the Drone Ranger™ line: The OpenROV 2.8 Explorer Submersible Education Kit.
OnPoynt is now an Authorized Reseller for the OpenROV 2.8 Explorer and has created a complete education kit for school robotics and STEM programs. This kit comes with everything you need to build, program and operate your OpenROV Explore.
This kit is best suited for high school and university students.
· Live HD video
It streams HD video to a surface laptop over an ultra-thin two-wire tether.
· Neutrally buoyant and highly maneuverable
The compact and lightweight design maneuvers using a proven three thruster design. It can dive to a depth of 100m (328ft) and the intuitive control system allows for smooth movement.
· Easy to use web browser interface
To operate the vehicle you do not need an internet connection or to download software on your computer.
One power PWM channel, one servo control channel, and an auxiliary wire for easy integration of additional components including servos, lights, or any other user-defined devices.
· Active, worldwide community
Gain access to an uncharted under-sea world and the amazing, supportive community of people who are curious about it!
Community additions include controlling ROVs using mobile phones, Firefox and Safari browsers, as well as using wifi connections to the topside adapter.
Its Open Source!
- Beaglebone Black AND Arduino MEGA microprocessors for a flexible and powerful developer platform with dozens of input/output channels and plenty of computing power for user-designed features and experiments
- Payload area for additional hardware or equipment
- Join our open source, ocean-loving community--find all the software and hardware files online as well as a vibrant and enthusiastic community to share adventures, ask questions, and meet other people with passion for exploration
This kit includes all the tools you need:
- Soldering iron, heat gun, wire strippers, flush cutter
- Hacksaw, small screwdriver set, needle nose pliers, scissors, utility knife, standard pliers
- Acrylic cement, applicator for acrylic cement, Super Glue, 2-Ton Epoxy, silicon based lubricant
- Electrical tape, sand paper
- Disposable rubber gloves, safety glasses
- Reference materials
- Weight is 2.6kg (Base OpenROV v2.8)
- Dimensions are 30cm long x 20cm wide x 15cm high
- Nominal battery life is 2-3 hours with standard batteries (3-5 hours with high capacity batteries)
- Neutrally buoyant and highly maneuverable
- Maximum depth of 100m (328ft)
- Maximum forward speed of 2 knots
- Live HD video is streamed to the surface control unit over an ultra-thin two-wire tether
- Internal LED Lighting with a brightness of 200 Lumens
- Water Temperature operational capability is between -10C to 50C
- Software controlled camera tilt (+/- 60 deg from center)
- Tether neutrally buoyant in fresh water
Minimum system requirements
- Latest Chrome browser
- RJ-45 Ethernet port (a USB to RJ-45 adapter can be used for devices that don’t have a physical ethernet port.)
- HD Webcam with 120 degree FOV, 1080p
- IMU / Depth Sensor for navigation telemetry such as depth, heading, pitch and roll
- BeagleBone Black and Arduino MEGA microprocessors for a flexible and powerful developer platform with dozens of input/output channels and plenty of computing power for user-designed features and experiments
- Scaling lasers for size reference during a dive (parallel, 10 cm separation)
- Current and voltage protection with feedback to ensure proper system function
- External I2C bus with 3.3V power for external instrumentation
- 6 additional auxiliary wires for user-defined external instrumentation or devices. One power PWM channel and one servo control channel are pre-configured
- Payload area for mounting additional hardware or equipment (170g max payload without adding floatation)
The OpenROV 2.8 Explorer Education Kit also includes
- IMU / Depth Sensor
- Triple Bay 26650 Smart Battery Chargers with Display (2)
- Li-FePO4 Batteries (6)
- Travel Case
- Extra Ranger Bands
- Extra O-Rings
OnPoynt and OpenROV are leaders in their fields and are both proud to partner in offering the OpenROV 2.8 Explorer Education Kit.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 214-585-3740 to Order or for more information.
Shipping and handling will take 2-6 weeks.