To build a successful STEM Drone Program for a Community Corporate, Youth, and Education organization; consider the following:
- Set up a Safe Drone Training Area and Use Safe Equipment and Training:
- Netted Area when possible
- Propeller guardshttps://youtu.be/jlOBgGGHKao
- Use simulators to learn flying skills
- Obstacle course (Designated area)
- Distance and Altitude Limitations Settings on Drone
- Develop a Program with the specific Goal of Accomplishing a Task
- Use Appropriate Drone for the Task
- Set Innovation, Challenge and Problem Solving as Objectives
If your community, corporate, collegiate or STEM organization would like to develop and implement a custom STEM program suited to your needs, contact us on OnPoynt. OnPoynt can advise on cost, curriculum, safety practices and drone equipment.
As well, if your school or university wants to implement a drone racing club, OnPoynt can advise on equipment and how to get started. To see a video taken at AUVSI featuring our Girl Scout custom drone and program, click here.